The Scrap Box has long been a popular destination for elementary and middle school classes. For twenty years thousands of students and teachers have benefited from exploring our unique recycled materials and using their own imaginations to create their own masterpieces.
We can work with your curriculum needs. Popular projects for elementary classes include:
- 3-D Constructions
- Pets or Animal Habitats
- Imaginary Creatures
- African Masks
- Recycling Fun
Here are the details:
- We can visit two, three, or four classes in one day.
- Each session lasts for approximately 45 minutes, with 15 minutes between classes.
- The project needs to be the same for each class. It can follow a theme related to state benchmarks requirements.
- The ideal set up is to have one classroom with work tables, with each class rotating through the room.
- Having extra help from a few parent volunteers helps things run smoothly.
Charges are calculated on the basis of the number of students participating, at a rate of $5 per student. The minimum charge is as follows:
- two classes — $250.
- three classes — $375.
- four classes — $500.
- In addition, there is a mileage charge of $.50 per mile.
Call us at (734) 994-0012 for further information or to schedule a Scrap Box workshop at your school.