Please note: The Scrap Box has changed the list of materials we can accept. Many of the items on the old list are now easily recyclable so we recommend that you place them in your recycle bins.
The Scrap Box continues to need some of your household discards!
You may have a number of items that you want to throw away, so consider if others could make good use of them.
Tips for bringing materials to The Scrap Box:
- When you bring in materials, please be sure everything is clean and safe for children.
- You may bring them whenever we’re open, but please do not leave them outside when we’re closed!
- Sort materials at home.Be sure everything is clean!
- Consult the “Do Not Wish” list below
- If you have other material, please call ahead
to be sure they are useful for The Scrap Box customers.
- baby food jars
- cigar boxes
- costume jewelry
- craft supplies
- fabric -1/4 yd or larger; clean and neatly folded
- film containers and lids
- National Geographics (but no other magazines)
- pine cones, dry and clean
- sea shells
- sewing notions
- thread spools
- yarn and knitting supplies
Do Not Wish List
- NO sharp or dirty objects
- no clothing
- no egg cartons – except clear plastic ones
- no deli containers or microwave dishes
- no fabric that was part of an unfinished sewing project
- no flower pots
- no home recorded videos, cassettes, CDs, or DVDs
- no house paint
- no magazines, except Nat’l. Geo.
- no medicine bottles
- no paper or plastic bags
- no panty hose
- no paper towel rolls or toilet paper rolls
- no used stuffed animals
- no styrofoam food containers, cups or trays
- no styrofoam packing pieces or peanuts
- no yogurt containers without lids
If you have other items not on the list that you think we might accept, call us at 734-994-0012 to check.