Ann Arbor has a thriving resale and recycling community: Some of out local resources are listed below:
List of local organizations-
List of materials that local resources may take-
It is recommended to contact the relevant organization before dropping off your materials.
• Clothing, toys, baskets, knick-knacks: Goodwill, Salvation Army, local thrift shops. PTO thriftshop.
• Clothing (no socks, underwear or scraps) PTO thriftshop, Kiwanis, Salvation Army (Ypsi).
• Computers and techy stuff: Re-Use Center, Habitat, Kiwanis. eWashtenaw page
• Furniture and household goods: Re-Use Center, Habitat, Kiwanis.
• Building materials, sinks, toilets, mirrors, and more: Habitat for Humanities.
• Flooring and tile, doors and windows, lighting, cabinets and more:
Re-Use Center, Habitat for Humanities.
• School supplies, office supplies: PTO thriftshop.
• Books and current magazines: A2 Thriftshop.
• Egg cartons, toilet paper rolls, and paper towel rolls: Ann Arbor Recycling.
• Food containers, other plastics: Ann Arbor Recycling.
• Anything else? Call the Metro Recycling Hotline (Waste Management) : 1 (855) 991 3697
Local schools may also be in need of your donations!