(for kindergarten and first graders)
A field trip to The Scrap Box is a great way to introduce the concept of using resources wisely. Girls explore the 3Rs — reduce, reuse, and recycle — using our unique recycled materials.
Each workshop consists of 3 parts:
- First, the Scrap Box presenter talks about our scrap materials, showing examples of what the product was that produced the scrap.
- Second, the girls get some hands-on experience making their project, based on the project chosen for that day. Girls are fully engaged in discovery, problem solving, and creativity; each girl’s masterpiece will be unique.
- Third, the girls go shopping in the large bulk room, filling a bag to take home.
Each workshop lasts one and one-half hours. The cost is $6.00 per girl, with a minimum charge per workshop of $75.00. Small troops often invite siblings along. There is no charge for adults unless they want to participate in making the project and/or shopping.
Suggested Project Choices:
- Puppets: Make a stick puppet– a person, animal, or imaginary creature — using sticky back pieces as a base, along with a wealth of embellishments to choose from.
- 3-D Constructions: Use a combination of sticky- back foam pieces, paper tubes, mat board scraps, and a whole lot of other scraps available.
- Collages: Use a sticky-back pad as a base, then select from a wide assortment of small pieces to arrange on that surface, considering color, pattern arrangement, and attractiveness.
- Prints: Use sticky-back foam shapes to create simple printing stamps. Then experiment with design possibilities to create a pleasing pattern.
Thanks for booking a workshop!
To guarantee a super time, please:
- Send in your non-refundable deposit if required.
- Let us know your project choice.
- Make sure all drivers have good directions to The Scrap Box. Print maps and driving directions from the link below.
- Call us with questions or significant changes in the number of participants.
581 State Circle, Ann Arbor MI 48108
Please click here to download a map and driving directions, print, then give each workshop driver a map. Or use the map below to get driving directions from Google Maps.
The Scrap Box, 581 State Circle, Ann Arbor MI 48108 734-994-0012